Thursday, July 9, 2026

Retirement

 More than a month has slipped by without posting.  Not that a few things haven't been progressing, just a lack of getting posts written.

June was a busy time at work, including a 9-day business trip to do a tradeshow.  But that's the last of those I hope to ever do.  My transition into retirement completed another stage.  The end of March I went from full-time to part-time work.  I've done the two major yearly tradeshows in April and June, and the end of June I've stopped working part-time.

Am I now fully retired?  Not quite. For the rest of the year I'm a "consultant on retainer" in case something comes up at work that requires my expertise.  I won't apply for social security to begin until the first of next year, so my transition to retirement will have been nearly a 1-1/2 year process. In many ways that's been a good thing.

Now to bring this blog back up to date.  

No comments:

Post a Comment