Took a break from boat building to work on the garden shed / boat storage area.
As you recall from a previous post, this work included some concrete additions.
This week saw the completion of the second concrete addition. This was the filling in the corner of the lawn area on the right side in the picture above.
I poured it in three phases, forming up the middle section first and sloping it slightly to run the rain towards the lawn area. Then pouring the top section sloping up to the existing sidewalk going to the porch door, then finally the lower section with the curved edge for the new corner of the lawn.
To make it easier to run bikes or carts from the lawn onto the concrete, I filled the corner with new soil slanting up to the concrete's edge. It's been barely over a week and the new grass seed it sprouting well.
This took a total of twenty 60-lbs bags of concrete. I mixed two bags at a time in a tub with a hoe. Since retirement I've found time to lift my dumbells again and even a few weeks of that helped me survive lifting and carrying the 60-lbs bags. No injuries were reported. When the lumber store asked me whether I wanted the 60-lbs or 80-lbs bags, I quickly said "60's, I'm too old for 80 pounders."



No comments:
Post a Comment